Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Year of The Blog

My New Years Resolution is this blog.

What is this blog? Right now there’s not much I can say to describe what this blog has been. I started writing it with the vague idea that writers should write something, but I wasn’t sure what that something should be for me. Since then, I’ve gained a lot of experience, refined my motivations, and discovered various exciting media. It’s about time my blog benefited.

What will this blog be now? I want this blog to be entertaining for both of us. It will be a portal, a landing page for me to share my love of the written word with you. This blog is my mostly-platonic courtship of you, my reader. I promise to ply you with flash fiction, pseudo-philosophical rambling, and cute pictures of my toddler. He makes the writing lifestyle interesting, and if I ever complain about that fact, the photos will show just how much I actually don’t mind. Also, pictures make bullet lists less intimidating!



My Commitment: (the chocolate and roses!)

*To begin with, I’ll be posting Questions for Writers, prompts that you can use for your #flashfriday or even just writerly discussion.
*Secondly, I’ll be watching Star Trek: The Next Generation and posting my thoughts on each episode.

Once those two things get going, we’ll see if I have the energy to post other things, like #FlashFriday and updates on my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment